Friday, November 5, 2010

Chapter Three

Work started today. I had to go "house" hunting, but I really wouldn't call it house hunting since I'm not looking for a house. I'm looking for the place I will soon call my shop. I didn't even know where to begin, how to start, or how to do it. All I know is, I want it to be downtown near the Consol Energy Centre, so that whenever there's a game or a concert people would pass by my store, and plus it will be near my house. There really wasn't a lot of places on sale. My expectations we're a little to high, and I needed to set them lower. It was a good thing my budget was unlimited, that my father was an expert at these kind of things, that I had someone I could talk to business-wise, and if my plan of opening a shop fails, I wouldn't be broke or homeless. My father is rich, rich beyond my mind can comprehend. It wasn't something I would tell people I just met, I wouldn't just go and tell people that my father is this rich, successful, famous business man, actually I don't tell them at all. I let them figure it out all by themselves, it's mean of me to do it, but I have to. I've trusted wrong people before, I've told them my secrets, trusted them with everything in me just to have them cut me in the back once I was no longer useful to them. Trust cant just be magically given, it has to be earned. I learned that, the hard way.

Last night me and Leighton, exchanged numbers and decided to meet for lunch at this place called Jo's. The food was great and our conversation was interesting and funny. I like Leighton, she was different from all my friends from New York, she actually seemed real and not fake. Her laughs actually sounded genuine, and she actually listened to me. A friend of her's named Kristina joined us. I was making friends, better friends. Friends that actually wanted to be my friend, because they wanted too, not because of of who my father is and what he has and what he can do.

My life in New York was far from charming. At least not in the inside. Socially, I had the best life. Things we're given to me, I was given all the attention I wanted, I had a boyfriend who adored me, everything seemed picture perfect, but what they didn't know is that, it wasn't. It was far from perfect really, it was actually quite imperfect. My mother used to cry every night about how she misses my father and how she wishes she didn't have to sleep alone every night. All I really had was my sister and my younger brother and my two friends, my two best friends who I can vent and relate with. What happened five months ago was what pushed me in the edge of that little island, what really got me thinking. My parents were literally hanging on to a thread with their marriage, my sister left. My brother, decided to try cutting himself. Our lives we're scandalous. But in that five months, it also brought my family closer, in a way. My father decided to take a break from traveling all around the world, Jeremy turned to therapy and...hockey and my sister got married. So in a way, those hell of a five months saved my family from total destruction. It might have saved my father, my mother, Elena and Jeremy but somehow it decided to leave me out. Decided I needed to suffer more. But really, why?

AN: It's a little short, but it's really only a small little inside detail of Isabella's old life. I only posted this, so you guys can get to know her better, so you guys can understand her more. Chapter Four will be a little more focused on the present time, and maybe there will be a guest appearance from someone we all know and love.

3 comments: