Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chapter 7

AN: Anything in italics, just italics, is a flashback or a distant memory. With an exception of author's notes, of course.

If there is any song I can relate too, it would be: Like We Used To - A Rocket To The Moon.

"14 months and seven days ago, Oh I know you know how we felt about that night."

I slumped back on my chair with disappointment and shock shown clearly in my face. HE WHAT? I didn't notice I said, well rather screamed that out loud until my uber nice friend Jack responded to my question. "Sorry, B. I'm you had to find out this way." she said, "But look at the bright-" "There is not bright or sunny side to this, Jack." I spat at her, venom in my voice. But like always Jack looks past it, and is as supporting as ever. "Need a hug?" she asks. "No." I whisper.

"Crying doesn't help you know?" I whisper to myself. Great, I'm talking to myself, just another sign of loneliness. Clearly that whole moving to a different city- no, state. Fresh, clean slate, new life, happy mood, great dates with hockey superstar only lasts for a few short weeks. Sadly. Luckily, I was meeting up with Leighton to go shopping for this party she's going, correction: we're going to attend. Shopping is the best distraction or even medication for broken heart, my mother always told me.

But I don't believe her. To my the best distraction AND medication is: Sidney Crosby.

Sid and I gave only gone to a few dates, but we've been texting and calling each other a lot, lately. I have been careful though, it's hard but not impossible. I make sure to let him do all the talking and not me. I make sure I don't get to close, and if I do i'll make sure even more, that I don't get carried away. But he makes it so hard, with his beautiful, colorful eyes, his exotic, Canadian accent, his lips; oh those lips, his laugh, his everything. It's definitely hard, but it'll never be impossible.

"Okay, so tell me all about it." Leighton squeals. I sigh, even though I know what she's talking about, I still ask her, "Huh? What are you talking about?" "Oh don't look so lost, I know, you know what I'm talking about." She says. "Fine." I muttered, "It was great, absolutely lovely. He took me out to this coffee shop just outside of Pittsburgh." "Second date." She says. I look at her with annoyance, "Seriously?" "Yup." She answers back. "We stayed in Pittsburgh this time. We went out for a walk, coffee in our hands. He talked about Canada, hockey, his family. We shared jokes and we laughed." I told her. "That's so romantic!" She says, in delight. I just smile at her, and stare of at the distance. " I know, right?" I said.

What to wear? What to wear? I've gone through the two shopping bags full of items from Macy's and I still don't know what to wear. I hope Leighton is have more luck, that I am. I sigh in frustration, out of all the clothes I have and I still don't know what to wear? Damn it. This is going to take forever. I kept banging my head in the wall until my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said into the phone. "Hey it's Sid." Instantly, I straightened my back and brushed of any lint from my clothes. "Hey Sid, how are you?" "Fine. I'm just getting ready for this party." He replies. "Party? What party?" I ask, doesn't this party sound familiar? "Oh, people from the children's hospital arranged it." Huh. Coincidence much? "I was wondering, do you want to come with me? You know, as my date.." He went on. "Sure." I replied, "Besides I was already going anyways." "Oh yea?" He asks. "Yup. My friend works there. So she invited me. But no worries, she didn't ask me to be her date. She already has someone else filling up that position." I told him, and of course he laughs. Oh that wonderful, girly laugh of his. "Well, I'll see you there. Oh and I really hope you wear something black. I really like that color on you." He states. "Yea, I'll try my best to find something black." I laugh.

I ended up wearing a black chiffon dress. That's not from Macy's. Cocktail dress paired up with Louboutin's. Perfect match. The way to the party was nerve-wracking, and the whole ride there I was overly-anxious. But, why would I be? It's just a party, the kind of party I've already been to over a thousand times. Even though I know deep in myself, it wasn't the party I was nervous about, it was the person I'm meeting there.

AN: Expect this to be the last chapter until Christmas? Maybe. I'm just so, so busy. But I do plan on continuing this story. Thanks for waiting! Oh and, I know this chapter isn't quite the best. I've just been rushing to post this, so you guys can read it. ;D Anyways, expect some minor changes for this chapter when I come back. Comments, Comments, Comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment