Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter Four Preview

AN: Thank You for the comments! It really makes me feel like this isnt just a waste of time, and it keeps me going! Thanks, guys. Here's a little preview for the next chapter. ;)

I'm lonely. Really lonely. You know those points in your life, when you just think about why you made the choice you made, and why you decided to do what you did, why you decided to step out of you're comfort zone, and you instantly kind of regret that decision but it passes as soon as it came? Yea, I'm having one of those, ugly moments.

"More, miss?" The bartender asked, while holding some more of that bottle of vodka. I looked at him, weighing my chances on ending up on his bed the next morning. I sighed. "No thanks. But- instead can I have some of those cheese sticks?" "Sure." He smiled, trying to look dazzling. Not working though. I was sipping the last of my delicious, regret and doubt numbing vodka, when this guy with familiar colorful hazel eyes tried to make small talk with me. I appreciate his friendliness, but I'm really not in the mood to talk. I would much rather be alone right now. "I saw you in the game, the other night." He told me. "Game? Oh yea. Stalking me?" I smirked at him. He chuckled. "Nah, it was just that you were right beside the penalty box. And..." "And what?" I said, knowing what he was going to say next, but not believing until he actually says it. "And, I was in that penalty box. Hi, I'm Sidney Crosby."

No comments:

Post a Comment